Feedback.exe is part of the now-discontinued Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro, software that provided a secure firewall to protect systems from hacker attacks.
This is not a critical part of Windows and should be removed if it causes problems.
Unfortunately, also, virus writers use similar names to such genuine files to trick users, and malware often uses this program to run code in Windows.
What Was Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro?
The software was developed by Agnitum who described it as:
Outpost Firewall Pro provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration. Outpost ensures your online security with solid protection against all Internet-borne threats.
It was discontinued in 2015 after the company was acquired by Yandex.
Security Issues With FeedBack.exe
Issue 1: Discontinued Software
The software has been discontinued for over 5 years and so should be removed from your PC.
It will not have kept pace with recent security patches and may not run well on Windows 10.
Issue 2: Malware Masquerading As FeedBack.exe
This is an issue common to other usually legitimate files.
Virus/Trojan/Spyware etc writers give their malicious files a similar name to these legitimate processes, hoping that users will mistake them for their safe namesake.
The key way to check that the Feedback.exe file running on your computer is the legitimate one is to check its file location. The real process sits in the C://Windows/System32 folder and hence if your file is elsewhere, it is likely to be malicious.
How To Check FeedBack.exe’s Location
a. Press ctrl-alt-del
b. Click on the ‘Details Tab’
c. Highlight the FeedBack.exe file as above
d. Right-click and click ‘Properties’
e. Note the location
How To Confirm That FeedBack.exe Is Malware & Then Remove It From Your PC
If infected (from a Trojan virus), you have to delete it from your computer and then reinstall it. It’s not one-step process though, and you have to dig a little deeper into your computer. Think of this is a way for you to practice your attentiveness to details skill.
Option 1 – Check PC For Infection
You could tell if the FeedBack.exe file you downloaded is a virus or not by following these two simple steps:
1. Open the task – press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously
2. Look for the Feedback.exe file. If the file is located outside the normal file path C:\Windows\System32, it means that your computer is infected.To prevent further widespread of the problem, run your antivirus scan quickly to remove the malware from your PC.
Option 2 – Finding the source of the problem
First, run a Windows System File Checker or the SFC/ Scannow. This represents a tool offered by Windows to allow you to scan for the corrupted files.
The beauty of this tool is that it could also allow you to detect file errors in the Feedback.exe files. What this means is that if the File Checker could be used to source a problem on a .exe file, it could also replace the affected files.
Here’s how to run the System File Checker
- Click on the Windows Start Button
- Search for Command, but don’t click on the Enter button just yet. Now, how the CTRL+Shift simultaneously, then press Enter. A submission box will appear, click on Yes. Doing this opens a block box with a cursor. Type in the SFC/ scannow and then press Enter.
- Since file scanning will take a while, you shouldn’t rush the process. Once done, you will receive on-screen directions to guide you further.
Option 3 – Restoring PC to Preexisting State
If your PC has a Feedback.exe error, the only way that you can revert things to normal and prevent further damage would involve restoring your PC to its initial state or at least how it was before the error on your .exe files.
How to go about this?
- Go to your Windows Start Button then search for System Restore and click on it.
- Enter the administrator password if applicable then follow the System Restore Wizard to restore things.
- When done, confirm, and then restore your computer.
Option 4 – Reinstallation of the Net Protector Total Internet Security Software
If option 3 fails, try this option. Note that this is an applicable fix when the error in your Feedback.exe files is specific to a software or a program.
- Click on the Start button then search for the features and programs of your computer.
- Find the control panel and then click on it. Next, click on the programs tab, followed by Features and Programs.
- Under the Name column, look for the Feedback.exe program. Once you locate it, click on the Net Protector Total Internet Security.
- Find the uninstall option located at the top menu and then click on it. Follow the steps provided to the end.
The FeedBack.exe file is from a discontinued software and should be removed.