What is utorrentie.exe?
Utorrentie.exe is a software component of utorrent produced by BitTorrent.
The .exe extension indicates that the file is executable. uTorrent main purpose is peer-to-peer file sharing software. It is basically the BitTorrent client that is developed and designed by BitTorrent, Inc.
This is not important for the Windows process and it should be disabled if it causes problems in your system. This program uses advertising for revenue purposes and is categorized as an adware program. It was first introduced in 2005 by Lidvig Strigeus.
BitTorrent Inc. Is an American-based company which is specialized in the development of peer-to-peer networking.
Developer: BitTorrent Inc.
Size of file: 335872 bytes
Latest version number: 1.0.0
Common errors With utorrentie.exe
utorrentie.exe is not an independent infection but rather it brings many other malicious infections by using the security loopholes. There are many other types of infected programs including malware and browser hijackers including the files like utorrentie. It allows cyber-criminals to get access to your system and workstation. Some of the most common error that occurs are mentioned below:
- It asks the user to click on the nasty notification hyperlinks to fix the issues.
- It disables the important processes and registers automatically.
- It redirects the web page over the sponsored and perilous websites.
- It shows the bogus alerts that claim your system is infected with malware.
- Utorrentie.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- WebHelper has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
When does it occur?
The existence of utorrentie.dll is unsafe for the system as the users often get interrupted with exe files. Due to this, the users without reading the policy accept the terms and agreement which results in the installation of unsafe programs that might harm your computer. You should also visit the website that promotes the unsafe content sharing of files over a network. Once it is affected the changes are made by the file without asking the permission of the user. If you see error messages like:
- Unable to log on to your messenger.
- The system is not responding.
- Messenger is not working due to the corrupt installation of files.
- Unable to send or receive messages.
Sometimes there are suspicious ads that interrupt the user while browsing, when this happens it means that these activities are triggered by the utorrentie.dll process. The Ad-supported application might also do the following things:
- Redirect the user to dangerous websites.
- Promote fake software updates.
- Track down your information and share it with third parties.
- It may cause the system to slow down because of the high usage of the CPU.
It drops down the harmful codes and keeps running in the background to interrupt normal functioning. It is a legitimate file that is often utilized by Windows operating system which makes sure that some specific programs are working. Storage location depends upon the version of the operating system. It’s either located in ‘C:/windows/system32’ or ‘C:/winnt/system32’ directories. Sometimes it is soltored in dll cache directory if it is installed in your computer.
What causes it?
It is easy for cyber-criminals to attack your system by installing infected executable file in the targeted system. Then the payload is copied in Windows system folder and alter the registries so the file runs automatically when the system is booted. The subkey is modified by utorrentie.dll as ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run to get booted on the system. Once it is settled it connects to the work station with another host to execute the desired task like:
- To download harmful files in the backdoor.
- Receive coded instructions from the developer.
- Get secret configuration.
- Transfer the cheated data to remote server by infected Computer.
How to fix it?
To fix the above-mentioned error you should follow the steps given below:
- First of all, download the Regcure Pro by clicking the download button and execute the installer. Then follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- Modify the scanning process the way you want such as general scan, scheduled scan, applications, and more.
- After the above steps, Regcure Pro starts scanning the system to find infected files.
- Once the scan is completed, a message box will appear saying ‘Fix all the buttons’. Click on the button and it will repair all the errors.
Another way to fix the errors is to permanently remove or deleted the file.
Is utorrentie.exe a virus? Is it malware?
There are no such evidence to prove of utorrentie.dll is a virus or malware. The most important thing is to check the origin of the file you’re downloading. If you get the utorrentie.dll from a manufacturer the risk is less.
But, if you are downloading the file from the website then there is a high risk of infecting your system with a virus. If you have doubts about the downloaded file you can always check the file by using a good anti-virus program. Secondly, if you want extra security you can check your file with multi-antivirus scanners. Lastly, you can check the version and file size, if the version is low then the file is suspicious.
How to remove utorrentie.exe:
To remove the utorrentie.dll follow the following steps:
- If the file is a part of a software program then there would be uninstall program. After that, you can run the uninstaller located at the directory like ‘ C:Program Files>BitTorrent>utorrent >WebHelper> utorrentie.dll_uninstall.dll
- If the utorrentie.dll was installed by using the Windows Installed then go to system settings and open Add or remove program options to uninstall the file.
- Search for the file again or with the name of the software. Another way is that you should search by the name of developer BitTorrent.
- Click on it and select the uninstall option which will remove the utorrentie.dll file. The software Utorrent along with the file utorrentie.dll is removed from your PC.
Utorrentie.dll is a part of the WebHelper virus, so it is not enough to remove it as a single file. To permanently fix the problems, you should perform adware removal. For this, it is recommended to use Anti-Malware software which will complete the Utorrentie removal and also clean up the PC.