What is msvcp100.dll?
Key msvcp100.dll statistics
Latest Version Number:
Common msvcp100.dll errors
Msvcp100.dll error occurs when there is corruption or deletion of the msvcp100 DLL file in any way. Part of Microsoft Visual C++, msvcp100.dll is often required for programs developed through Visual C++ being run.
In addition, some applications or games might need the file. You can fix the problem by duplicating it from the Windows system folder to the installation folder.
For the 32-bit software, make sure to use the 32-bit dll file and for the 64-bit software, use the 64 bit dll-file.
An issue with the msvcp100.dll file can be indicated through several error messages. Some of the common msvcp100.dll errors are:
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcp100.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
- The file msvcp100.dll is missing.
- Cannot find [PATH]\msvcp100.dll
- This application failed to start because msvcp100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
- Msvcp100.dll Not Found
When do errors occur?
One of these common error messages may be run into by you when your starting Windows or even just shutting it down. It can also occur during installing a new window or when a program, in particular, is being used or installed.
No matter the occurrence of the error, in troubleshooting, it’s an important step to recognize the time. This is so that you can see when the msvcp100.dll error is happening. In addition, knowing how to identify how to fix the problem requires one to know the context.
What causes them?
Often, a malware issue, a virus, or a Windows registry are an indication of this problem. However, it can also be caused by hardware failure.
How to fix errors
Is msvcp100.dll Safe? Is it malware?
As discussed, msvcp100.dll is essentially a Microsoft-created Dynamic Link Library (DLL). So, it is often necessary to initiate when activating some types of applications that utilize the Visual C++ Redistributable.
You might not be able to play some games or programs without the file, even though running this process on your computer system is not crucial.
To determine whether this is a virus or a legit software, let’s check the location of the dll file first.
Danger rating / File Location : 1% dangerous
You can start the Task Manager to check whether the dll file is legit or not. For example, add Verified Signer and click on the column fields as one of the columns.
For the msvcr100.dll process, look at the Verified Signer value. The file may be a virus if it says that it cannot be processed.
It is neither malware nor a virus if the development of the software is legitimate. You can remove it by uninstalling the program if the developer seems suspicious or is not listed.
How to remove msvcr100.dll?
To uninstall or remove msvcr100.dll from your Windows computer system, follow these steps:
- The dll file will have the option of uninstalling if it is part of a software game or program. Run the uninstaller which is located at the directory such as C:>Microsoft>Microsoft® C Runtime Library or Microsoft Visual Studio >msvcr100.dll_uninstall.dll
- Open Add Or Remove Programs Option. After going to System Settings. You should only do this if the msvcr100.dll has been installed through the Windows Installer. This step will help in uninstalling it.
- Search for the software name Microsoft Visual Studio or msvcr100.dllin the search bar for Microsoft’s developer name to be tried out.
- To finally remove the msvcr100.dll from your computer, select and click on the option for Uninstall Program. This will finally help in removing the msvcr100.dll file from your computer.
Files/Software related to msvcr100.dll
Software Program (Ver.)
Size of File (Bytes)
Location of File
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files\l…
Cyberlink Font Dialog
Cyberlink Font Dialog (1, 0, 0, 1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installati…
Dynamic Link Library
CyberLink Media Suite 13
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\MediaShow6\MUI…
MFC Language Specific Resources
Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 (8.00.50727.4053)